Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I bet my boss thinks I'm drunk.

My "Goofy Switch" went off in our weekly meeting this morning, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't shut it off. Normally I have a pretty good handle on being appropriate, but I just couldn't do it at all today.

We are working with a design company to develop a robot "mascot" for the SpRocket, and in the process of discussing how we would change the initial design, I just lost my composure. I couldn't help it, really. It had such expressive eyes, and so I began with the voices. It went downhill from there. I had really gotten a hold on myself once we started talking real business, but our media liaison came in and got me started all over again. He is a former reporter for our CBS affiliate stations, and he is hilarious. He honestly just doesn't have a shred of shame anywhere about him, so what he thinks always comes out of his mouth. He is apparently in talks with a TLC show about a family of little people who will be coming to the SpRocket. Actually, I think they prefer to be called "People Of Smaller Stature" now, but that is neither here nor there. Anyways, he was trying to tell us what they were going to be here for and he called them midgets, which got me laughing. I couldn't stop. That made him laugh and he couldn't remember what he was talking about. Then one of our co-workers pulled the TLC website up and showed us all of the pictures of the family, and our VP of marketing started calling the members of the family who are not little people "Normal People" which got me laughing again. I couldn't stop. From then on, we just couldn't be serious anymore.

At some point the Mexican accent I have came out unbidden.

There are so not going to let me come to another meeting!

No comments: