Monday, June 09, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) I'm really starting to like my gym, I think. It's kind of hard to tell when I'm retching and cursing at the machines, though. :) I've been trying to get up and go early so that Steve and I can carpool each morning. We like to drive in together so that we can have that 15 minutes or so to be goofy before the day begins. I've been getting to the gym at about 5:30 am and working out for about an hour; half cardio and half weights. I can already tell some ways that I'm getting stronger, even just after a week, but in a thousand other ways I'm still a big weenie. My legs start to hurt at about 15 minutes into walking on the treadmill, but I can usually finish my 30 minutes. I want to move up another level, but while my heart needs more speed to get to the right level, my legs tell me that they are strongly opposed to the idea. The ankle I sprained last month is giving me the worst problems, and then my knees. Boo. I love the elliptical machine, but my knees can't take that for very long. I guess I'll need to lose a few pounds before they stop hurting as much. I'm also starting to recognize some of the other members that I see there: Elliptical Lady, who is much larger than me, but can stay on that thing forever. She is a machine! I always cheer for her in my head while she's walking, because I can see how determined she is! Go Lady! Then there is Colonel Sanders, an elderly gent who lifts weights and always looks on the verge of collapse. There is No-Finger-Glove lady, Asian Grandma, and Tiny-Blond-Muppet lady. Then there is Tattoo Ted Kennedy who, of course, looks like Ted Kennedy but has a large blue snake tattooed on his forearm. He scares me a bit because he looks both like someone's grandpa, and like he could beat your ass without much prodding. I just hope I can keep up going. I enjoy it, except for the pain.

2) Yesterday while getting ready for church, I was helping Steve look for a pair of underwear that I had apparently misplaced when putting away laundry. While searching, I starting singing "Underpants are on the move, Underpants are loose..." to the tune of the theme song from that old Thundercats cartoon. I actually made it a decent way through the song before I realized I had no idea how I knew the words to a theme song I probably last heard when I was 9. What made it better, though, was when I stopped singing for a second, I hear Steve in the back of the house yelling "underpants, Underpants, UNDERPANTS, HO! This, of course, let to an all day brain song about underpants. Sometimes it's good to be married to a geek. :)

3) Since Grandma is in town, she asked if I could sing at church while she was visiting. I was going to sing a song last night that a former pastor bought for me when I was in high school and asked me to learn. It's fast and it's an old and I've always loved to sing it, so I picked up the tape and we hustled to church so I could practice. While I was waiting for it to rewind, the tape snapped! It was almost time for church, but Steve and I pealed off back home and I grabbed a CD of "I Can Only Imagine" and I listened to it in the car, but didn't really get to practice it at all. I guess I did OK, but I felt like I was eating the microphone and I was scared I'd forget he words. It all worked out, though, so yay.

5 comments:

Kenny said...

LOL @ #2

Anonymous said...

Time goes so fast! It seems no time since Grandma was here for Christmas. I called Lee on his and Rhonda's anniversary (no answer)and am glad Grandma is here for him.

Tae said...

He went to the cemetery and changed out the flowers. Grandma said he cried a little, but was OK otherwise.

Anonymous said...

thanks for info. I am going to call both of them before she goes back. How is she going back?

Tae said...

She's flying back as far as I know.