Tuesday, June 17, 2008

WHAT IS: CONTINUED

4) Something that annoys you about yourself that other people probably like?
When I was a teenager, a very good friend of mine once told me that I always seemed to hurt people's feelings without realizing it. I was horrified, mainly because I, of course, didn't realize I was doing that to people. I'm still not sure what I did for her to tell me that, but that made me much more careful of other people's feelings. I'm sure people appreciate it, and I'm glad to do it. However, at this point, I'm so afraid I'm going to offend someone that I sometimes become hypersensitive and think I've offended someone by saying or doing something that I worry about it until I can apologize. Usually, the person I'm afraid I've offended has no idea what I'm talking about, so my apologies don't make sense. Of course, then I just feel stupid for apologizing. I just can't help myself, I worry! Although I figure that most people like that I care about their feelings, I would LOVE to find a happy medium here.
5) Something that frustrates you?
I don't understand why people don't want to be honest. Granted, I'm not talking about being honest without the use of tact (although between you and me, sometimes you have to do it that way) but people lie about some of the most ridiculous things when telling the truth would work just as well. It's even worse when you find out you have been lied to by someone you trust, and I'm a firm believer that most people will find out you've lied to them, given enough time. I have worked with two compulsive liars and went to school with at least one I knew of, over the years, and they lied about stuff that didn't even make sense. It drove me crazy. I don't even understand the idea of lying to spare someones feelings. Well, I mean, I understand the theory of it, but I also think that the truth is usually the best thing as long as you tell them in a delicate way. I'm not going to tell you I've never lied, but when I do I kind of loathe myself for it. It just seems so stupid and wrong. I dunno. Just MHO.
6)Your ideal vacation?
My idea vacation begins with going someplace to relax and not have to have a schedule at all. Wherever I would go would have to be a place where I could reach the beach by walking and have and streets lined with small shops and restaurants so that I could just walk from place to place at my leisure. It would be a place where I wouldn't have to stand in lines, or get stuck in the middle of crowds. There would be lots of interesting places to see and take pictures of, stuff of historical interest, and a kick ass old cemetery would also be nice. I'd be able to stay in an old house turned into a B&B and there would be antique stores nearby in case I wanted to browse. I wouldn't have to go anywhere or do anything unless I just wanted to and there would be nothing obligatory to deal with. If I traveled with someone, we wouldn't have to spend the whole time together unless we just wanted to see the same things, so we could just go do our own thing and then meet for lunch and after that, find something we both want to do if we wanted to. I'd just want to be able to relax and read, watch TV, walk, explore or whatever without having to worry about doing it in any certain order. Yes, please.

Wow, when you weed out the repeat questions, there really isn't much left!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you considered St. Augustine?

Tae said...

I don't even know where that is!

Anonymous said...

Florida's Atlantic Coast. Oldest city in US. Lots of History, lots of shops, beaches too.