Thursday, June 12, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Steve got a new toy. I don't know the name of it, but it's a GPS system for the truck, and as GPS systems are likely to do, it tells you how to get to where you're going. Personally, it freaks me out a bit because it talks to you. However, it seems to be very accurate, so hopefully it will be useful for us. You know, because we travel so much. To places we aren't familiar with. *koff* I just hope he leaves it alone while he's driving. You hear me, Steve? Please don't kill me!

2) I didn't get a chance to eat my protein bar thing when I got back from the gym yesterday and I could really tell a difference in the way I felt the rest of the day. In fact, I finally had to leave a little early because my arms and legs felt like exploded fireworks. That's a weird way to describe it, but accurate. At any rate, I'm getting a bit more used to everything at the gym, so maybe it won't be a huge waste of my time when it's all said and done. I'll just have to remember to follow the nutritionist's suggestion about what to do after I'm finished.

3) Part of me feels like I should be offended by this and part of me thinks it's funny, so I'm going to go with funny with a touch of righteous indignation. I don't need awards for doing my job, but I do appreciate a nice "Thank You" or "Good Idea." Twice in the past couple of weeks, I've been ignored (while standing right in their faces) while my boss got the props for something I had done. Not the "Wow, thanks to you and your team!" stuff that is acceptable, but a "Thank you, Sam" for something he hadn't done at all. I don't blame my boss for this, though, because he didn't go asking for it. One very busy day, I got a request for a display that was both huge and ridiculous. Even though I was so busy I hadn't even had time to eat lunch, I stopped everything I was doing and fixed the stupid thing for them. I had to carry it down to our new building, and my boss happened to see me walking with this 10 foot thing and helped me carry it down. When we handed it over, the lady turned to him and said "Thanks, Sam!" but didn't say anything to me at all. If it hadn't been so stupid, I would have probably been angry. I was more surprised than anything. A week or two later, we were having our weekly meeting and we were doing a brainstorming session on new ways to market our place, (I was behaving myself this day, so I can't even blame what happened on my goofiness) and I came up with the idea to market the camp separately to boys and girls, the way a lot of places and products tend to do. The VP just nodded. A few minutes later, Sam said "I think Kelly had a good idea when she said..." and he reiterated my idea. She smiled and said "Great idea, Sam!" SIGH. Lowest rung on the totem pole...lowest rung.

No comments: