Wednesday, June 25, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) To Mr. Fathead Rudepants at the gym this morning: If you are going to turn one of the TVs off, maybe one someone is watching, during your brutal, extensive, 4 1/2 minute workout so as not to get distracted, could you please turn it back on when you walk away?

2) It would be nice if we could get our paper shipment in soon. We use a special kind of matte, adhesive-backed paper for signs and displays. With so many signs people need (and honestly, don't need), we tend to run out of this paper fairly quickly. When we load the last roll into the printer, I usually alert Sam so that he can put in an order. This way we have very little down time in between jobs. My boss ordered a couple of rolls about three weeks ago and we never received them. I finally just ran completely out of the paper, and I don't want to use the other paper we have because it makes the ink smear and we have to use spray adhesive to stick it down, which doesn't hold for long when it's humid. He called our supplier yesterday, and the idiots had lost our order and had nothing shipped out to us. I mean, it isn't like we don't order from these people on a regular basis. They know us. We do lots of business with them. I don't know why I'm surprised. They almost always have the wrong paper shipped to us if we alter our order at all. *Sigh* Bunch of savages in this business.

3) Mean old interwebs. Yesterday I went to a website I'm a member of so that I could enter a contest they were holding. Short version: They give you a question, you give your answer in 75 words or less. Seemed easy enough. So I thought and thought of what to say, typed it in, and hit enter. It took me to the place to sign in, so that one was on me. I signed in, thought and thought about how to reword my original entry, typed, retyped, and typed again. I wanted to make sure I had it just right, and I really liked my answer. So I hit enter, and it took me to the contest page again, but didn't give me a conformation that my entry went through. I thought that maybe it wouldn't do that for this particular contest, so I typed in a quick answer to the question without thinking much about it to see if it would give me a conformation or not and this time I DID get a conformation. Crap. So I went back to the contest page, retyped my original entry and hit enter. I get the message "You may only enter this contest once." I could have eaten my own face. So much for winning that contest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like everything I ever try to do online. I thought it was just me. Because you feel bad I feel bad for you, but otherwise I feel so relieved because it happens to talented computer-wise individuals also.