Friday, June 13, 2008

Ok, yes, this is a meme post. HOWEVER, before you run screaming into the night, this one is a bit different. I've culled out the questions I've answered a million times (and quite frankly, if you don't know my favorite color and restaurant by now, you never will) and tried to only answer the ones I don't think I've ever done before. That didn't leave me with many questions to answer, so I will be thorough. So, you might learn something new. Or not.

WHAT IS:

1) The Meanest Thing You've Ever Done?
Eeesh. OK, well, bear with me here. When I was 15, I was at a friend's house and I was bored. I randomly picked up a notebook I found in her room and realized it was her diary. Instead of putting it away like I should have, I read it and found out that she had had sex with a guy friend of mine that she had only met once or twice. I was kind of shocked, mainly because at that age, in my circle, sex was fairly undiscovered country, especially random, casual sex. Since I couldn't tell her I read her diary, I couldn't ask her about it, but I still wanted to know if it were true or if it were just one of those 'wishes' that girls sometimes write in their diaries. So I called the guy friend of mine and just casually mentioned that my friend was pregnant by some random guy she had slept with. He panicked, hung up on me, and told his mother that he had gotten a girl pregnant. There was a scene, to say the least, and I had to tell this friend I had not only read her diary, but that I lied to Random Guy and caused him to freak out. I also had to talk to his mother and tell her I lied, and that guy was no longer my friend after that. The worst part is that I don't know if I ever really got to apologize to her because she got killed in a car accident not long after that happened. I still cringe when I think about doing that.
2) Your Secret Indulgence?
Although it seems overly girly for me, I wear expensive perfume. I love it, it smells good, but it really costs more than I should spend on something that frivolous. To make matters worse, I don't tell people what it's called when they ask because I don't want anyone else I know to buy it and wear it. It's not a popular brand, as far as perfume goes, but I still just want to be the only one I know who has it. Stupid, I know.
3) Something You Like About Yourself That Probably Annoys Other People?
Although I am not always as accurate as I would like, I am good at knowing stuff about people without being told outright. I guess it's really all a matter of listening to what they say, watching how they act and react, and paying attention to the things they do. My dad was a very perceptive person, so I guess I learned from him. I think it annoys people sometimes because I see things about them that they don't always want to be seen, which is usually the less noble aspects, and I can sometimes tell what they are thinking, which freaks people out. I can't do this with everyone I know, though, and that drives me nuts!

I'll finish this later, I need to go print some stuff

4 comments:

Kenny said...

Yes, but we don't know what your favorite color in your favorite restaurant is ...

Anonymous said...

We do all know, I bet, but we are forgetful. I may not forget these answers, though. This contained some creative thought.

Please please please tell me your favorite perfume. I promise not to wear it. Being old, I already have my favorites. And I won't flood you with presents of it if you don't want me to.

I did that to your mother-in-law.

Anonymous said...

Krystal?

Anonymous said...

Godiva?