Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wow. Quite a weekend.

Just like the past three nights, I can't sleep, so I thought I'd post a quick note thanking some of you for the prayers and finger crossings. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary at the wedding reception. In fact, I was the annoying one with the camera! My only problem with that was I borrowed the work Nikon (awesome camera) but I couldn't find the fast shutter setting until it was almost over, and some of the pictures got blurred. Good thing my Aunt and Uncle had little to no confidence in my ability to take pictures, and brought their own cameras. The important ones came out, so no troubles.

Right now I'm at my mother's house, taking care of my brother while mom is on her honeymoon. Let me tell you, my mom is superwoman if she does all of this on a regular basis. Not that Tommy is difficult or anything. In fact, it's rare that you find a man who doesn't talk, so now he knows all of my secrets and he won't tell anyone! :) Honestly, though, if he could suddenly talk, I wouldn't care if my secrets ended up on national news. (Not that they would make much news, unless it was to effectively crown me the World's Most Boring Woman. ) At any rate, it's hard taking care of a 40 year old invalid, but I think we're doing OK so far. He may harbor hate of me in his heart for the way I had to get him into bed, but we're both kind of new at me taking full care of him, so maybe he'll make allowances. He has to or I just won't feed him! Mwahahahaha.

Speaking of food, I've been subsusting on leftover reception food and I think I caught a slight case of food poisoning from it. I think it was the wedding cake. *shudder* It makes me sick to think of it. I hate bakery cakes and bakery icing, so I'm not sure why I ate it except for the fact that there is a metric ton of cake left and we have to get rid of it in some way. Yuck. At my next wedding, no cake, just margaritas.

No comments: