Monday, June 16, 2008

I don't know if I have mentioned it, but Butler is molting again. Yes, yes, yes, I know dogs don't molt. Well, they aren't supposed to, anyways, but Butler certainly looks like it. His hindquarters look kind of crazy (but don't tell him I said that. He's always worrying that Cleatus is laughing at him, so I keep telling him that he looks fine.)

To see if I could fix his fur problem, I went to Target the other day and bought a special kind of dog brush that is supposed to remove the undercoat that keeps puffing out of his fur. It works great, as far as I have been able to use it. Bear will not let Butler get near me for long outside, and since I don't want another Back Yard Death Cage Match with me in the middle, I have really only gotten to brush Butler a little bit. Bear, Mr. Alpha-Dog himself, condescends to let me brush him all I want, though, and it always looks like I've sheared a black sheep out in the back yard. Butler, when I can get to him, looks as if he enjoys the brushing, but has to keep moving so as not to incite the wrath of the Dark One. Before I realized what was going on, I just thought Butler didn't like being brushed, so I was chasing him around the patio yelling "Sit still, wretched animal! The other dogs are going to laugh at you! You're molting again! Let me brush yooooooooooouuuuuuu!"

Yeah, the neighbors were loving that.

I love my dogs.

No comments: