Thursday, June 26, 2008

It never ends!

This morning I had a dentist appointment at 7:50 a.m. When I arrived and waited an hour to be called back, even after some other guy had been called back, I was finally told that my appointment wasn't until 8:40. Um...no. I not only wrote down the date and time when I made the appointment, but I remember asking the person to repeat the date and time to make sure there were no mistakes. I didn't make a fuss because it didn't really matter, I was already going to be later to work than I thought.

I have been meticulously taking care of my teeth lately because I haven't been to the dentist in two years. It wasn't for lack of trying. Every time I'd make an appointment, they would cancel it. So I was cleaned, flossed, and mouthwashed within an inch of my life when I went in.

The hygienist is very sweet. She knows Steve really well, so she believes she knows me well by association. She's also always asking when I'm going to have babies. Sheesh. Anyways, the appointment goes by swimmingly until she takes a good look at my x-rays. I have one tooth that has been sensitive for a while, but I thought it had something to do with an old filling I have in that tooth. Nope. Apparently, I have a cavity. The first cavity I've had in over17 years! Not only do I have a cavity, but it's in an odd spot, so they can't give me a filling. In a bit less than an hour, I'm going to have to go and have a root canal. I'm scared to death. I hate dental procedures, especially invasive ones. I begged them if I could be sedated, and they are going to allow it. They proscribed some pills for me to take, but I hope they give me something stronger when I get to the dental surgeon. I'm such a baby about things like this. :(

I feel even worse because Steve has to take me and pick me up. He wasn't feeling well, and had called in sick to work, and now he's got to deal with me instead of feeling better. I hate this! All I wanted was to go to the dentist, go to work, and do my daily Kelly stuff. Was that too much to ask? Boo.

On the bright side, though, maybe I'll get some good pills or something out of this and I can entertain myself by blogging under the influence and then coming back to see if I made any sense. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to reading your blog under the influence. It is too late to be trying to give you comfort because you will be out before you read this. Pun intended. But I will tell you anyway that I have had several root canals and no problems. And you may have heard I spent twenty YEARS + away from the dentist because of extreme fear. During that twenty some years dentists learned some things I think.

Best of luck

Greg said...

Anonymous has told me that before, Kelly. She is the only person I've ever heard say that the root canal wasn't painful.

I don't know if you heard my story about getting my crown. That was very painful, and it wasn't supposed to be. We can share dental war stories later.