Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I almost had a heart attack last night. I didn't realize that my laptop had been left on for three days (flippin sleep mode), and with the air conditioning out it overheated. I couldn't get it to turn on! I unplugged it and ran through the house until I could hold it over a fan. I all but did CPR on it! However, once it cooled down enough, it was fine. Whew.

I finally got my portfolio in order, but it isn't as full as I wish it was. Of course, I've only got things from school I can put in it, but I had hoped it would be more impressive. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but my job interview for the graphics position in the museum is Wednesday at 9:30 am. Pray for me! I'm scared!

Speaking of the interview. I've been looking for an outfit to wear that will both make me look professional, but not overly stiff and not totaly outside of my own personal style. Well, I can't find a danged thing. Not only is everything uber-casual due to the season, nothing has sleeves! I mean, was there a congressional ruling that no clothes sold between the months on may and august could have sleeves? Maybe it's just me, but I don't think you should wear a sleevless top during a job interview. Also, and I know it's silly, but I don't want my arms all hanging out because I would hate to know that I'm sitting there talking to the manager and think he's interested in what I'm saying and find out later that he was only mesmerized by the swaying of my arm flap. Geez, and you know what else, unless you want to dress like Laura Bush or look like the whore of Babylon, there is nothing to buy anyways. No middle ground at all. I'm not kidding. I found a skirt, I probably have a top that will match it. Who knows? I was desperate!

I got my sticker from Cafepress.com, which is a lovely little website introduced to me by Kenny. I created a bumper sticker that says "I (heart) my Network Administrator". I know Steve isn't MY network administrator, but that's what he does. Now the computer guys here at the SpRocket are going to think I'm talking about them. Eh, I'll let them think so. They're good guys. Funny thing is, Steve is driving the Durango today, so he's going to look kinda full of himself. Heh.

No comments: