Monday, May 23, 2005

WEEKEND UPDATE!

Well, at least it wasn't boring.

Friday after work, when I got home from getting groceries, I walked into a sticky, humid, HOT house. Hot enough to melt the chocolate on my cookies. Apparently the power going on and off during that day's storm caused the compressor in our air conditoning unit to blow out. For those of you familliar with our house, you know that our house is a power conservationists nightmare. Our windows let air in and out, our front door has no weather stripping, and our insulation is kind of old. So on a hot day with no air conditioning on, our house turns into a sauna. Well, Steve calls a guy to come check on it, and sure enough, we are going to have to replace our unit. However, that's not going to happen for at least two weeks, so we borrowed a window unit from Josh's mom (THANKS BARB!). Now our room could store sides of beef for extended periods of time, but it's better than being hot.

We also have a temporary new member of the family for the next two weeks. Sammy is staying with us while Josh is overseas. Sam is so cute. I feel bad for Bear, though, because he doesn't like to share or play nice and Butler loves Sam, so Bear is all alone while they play dog games. It's his own fault, though. We've had this talk, so he's just going to have to learn to deal with it. The only downside to sam being here is that he starts his high pitched puppy-bark at 5 in the morning. I have to let all of them out at the same time because if I don't, the ones in the kennel start going nuts. SIGH.

Sunday I had another issue with a dog. Angie and Family went to Florida this week, and they left their little beagle, Bubba, at my mom's house. He is so tiny and cute, but he's a hyper little thing. I went outside and started playing with him and he was jumping all over me. I knelt down so I could love on his ears, and the dang dog peed on me! I had to change into some of my dad's pajamas while mom washed my clothes. It's a good thing he's cute.

I also have been getting quite a few hits on my blog lately, mostly because of the 100 thing list I wrote trying to keep awake. It's funny to see what brings people to my site. Here are a few examples:

*"What to wear with Palazzo Pants"= If you want my opinion, STAY AWAY FROM THE PALAZZO PANTS!!! They are bad. The only time I think palazzo pants are acceptable are if you are on the color guard in a marching band and it's too cold to wear a skirt. Even then....yuck.
*"1999 Dodge Durango Sucks"= I disagree. It may be old, it may be a gas guzzler, but doggone it, it will hold roughly 7 cubic tons of trash, art supplies, and emergency equipment. Another plus is that it's got 4 wheel drive, so if I get the wild idea to drive off into a field, I can.
*"The Sims 2 StarTrek Uniform"= You can make these yourself in Sims 2 Body Shop. With Photoshop and a little imagination, you can pretty much make anything for the Sims to wear. Slacker.
*"How to unblock Sims when they are in the shower." = PERV! Why do you want to see naked computer people? Good Lord. Maybe you should be doing a search for "psychiatrists specializing in weird fetishes".

Well, that's all for now, folks. Ciao!

No comments: