Thursday, May 26, 2005

I can't believe I'm about to say this.

I know I've complained about being forced to watch Star Wars time and time and TIME again, but I want to go on record as saying that I thought the movies were pretty good. I mean, I know I'm not going to a movie that is striving for an Academy award, unless it's the one for special effects, and I'm cool with it.

What bothers me is all the people who have written rants about the movies and talk about how lame and ridiculous it all is. I mean, hello people, they are just movies after all. For folks who seem to hate the movie so much, you know an AWFUL lot about it. Not to mention, if you don't like the movies, don't go see them. Star Wars fans don't go see stuff like Gangs of New York and have a festival of hate over Martin Scorcese (is that even close?)

Now, granted, there are some crazy folks out there who tend to go a little over board with the dressing up and the constant merchandising can get -tiring- but you know something? Let the Star Wars fans have their fun. I mean, this is their superbowl! Only they don't get to see a new one every year. I don't know that a man dressed as a Jedi is any more ridiculous as a sports fan that wears the team jersey or sits shirtless at a freezing cold football field with face paint and a rainbow wig on! I mean, it's all about perspectives. Are we supposed to think that because these writers that have such a disdain for a sci-fi flick that they are better than the people who like it? It's kind of silly in my book.

Anyway, there. I've just defended that which I like to make fun of myself. Oh yeah, and I knew that Aunt Baru wanted a protocol droid that could speak Bacci, when I played Star Wars DVD Trivia last night. Slowly, but surely, I'm being driven over to the Dork Side.

Sigh.

No comments: