Tuesday, May 17, 2005

If I had just one last wish, I would like a tasty fish...

Darn that song. It won't go away! I like having brain songs, but I'd rather have a new one every day than the same one for a week! I guess it would help if I didn't have that as a ring tone, huh?

I'm getting so frustrated with my job! Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for my job, I'm glad I have this job, but I'm getting frustrated at the people I have to talk to on a daily basis. It seems like the closer we get to summer, the more ridiculous the parents become. I know that everyone thinks their kids are the most important, but gee whiz people. I hate to tell you, but your kid is not going to be the be-all end-all child of wonder at this camp. Every kid we get is apparently "gifted" and "wants to be an astronaut" and etc. When I don't act overwhelmed at the magnificence of their kid, they get annoyed. I'm also tired of people getting mad at me for things I have nothing to do with! I've gotten people actually angry with me because THEY can't get a fax to go through. Or they are mad because a camp is already booked solid and they say "well, I didn't know you had to call in and book so early!" I'm thinking, come on folks, we've been taking reservation for this summer since last May. We even had one lady go all the way to the CEO of the company to get her way...and she did, of course, at the expense of all of our rules against what she wanted. I am learning a little more every day just how spoiled and unreasonable some adults can be. I also got hit on the other day, over the phone, by some dude from Wisconsin. It was creepy. I mean, I guess it could have been flattering if it wasn't immediately followed by the story of when his wife died. No, I'm wrong, it would have just been creepy no matter what. I can only hope that one day I will have a job where I don't have to listen to these people anymore. I'll be pleasant and helpful and smile like an insane Mousekateer while I'm here, but inside, I'll be dying a little. : )

I tried to show Steve how to do some yoga last night. He has trouble with the downward dog, but he's excellent with the relaxation mode. : ) He will learn...oh yes, he will learn.

I think I'll getting oversaturated with the Star Wars stuff. I was in Target last night and found myself making Yoda sounds. I didn't mean too...I swear!

No comments: