Monday, May 30, 2005

SANCTUARY!!!!!

The third official "Bless Her Heart" award has been given out this weekend, and the lucky recipient is yours truly. Story below.

Apparently I am the worst evesdropper ever. A few years ago I was at church and I overheard someone talking about a homeless man who lived in the church bell tower, who would sneak down to the church kitchen at night and eat the food from the kitchen. That had kind of freaked me out ever since, because our church isn't in the best of neighborhoods and if that could happen once, who is to say that someone couldn't do it again. Well, the kitchen comittee has noticed recently that food has begun missing from the kitchen again. While we were down there talking yesterday morning, it was brought up again, and I said "Could this be like that time the man lived in the bell tower and was eating the food?" Of course, this was met with blank stares all around. The head of the comittee looked at me like I was crazy and had me tell the story. Once again, blank stares. Immediately Steve starts cracking up, and I start feeling as if I have finally gone crazy. I KNEW I had heard someone talking about this, but no one seemed to know what I was talking about. I went and asked several of the people in church if the story was true, but no one else knew what I was talking about. It wasn't until Steve came home from church last night (I had a nasty sinus headache, so I stayed home) that I found out that what I overheard was someone talking about a BOOK they had read that happened to be in the church library. So I've been freaked out for several years about something that never really happend, and looked like a lunatic in the process. *wince*

Steve has had a ball telling people that I thought a man lived in the bell tower of our church. He likes to bring it up at odd times, like if I ask him if he's seen something I'm looking for, he says "I bet the man in the bell tower took it." Well, I got him back when he brought it up at my parents dinner table yesterday. Steve thought that "dolphin safe tuna" meant that there were certain kinds of tuna fish that was safe for dolphins to eat because the other kinds were poisionus! So for that, he gets the Jessica Simpson Chicken of the Sea Award! So there! ; )

No comments: