Saturday, May 28, 2005

I am SO tired of dogs peeing on me! This morning when I let the boys out, I was standing at the garage sink filling up the water bucket, and Sam walks over to me to get petted and he just let go. Now, granted, he didn't actually pee on ME directly, but the ensuing spatter that happens when liquid hits a solid surface with moderate force, got on me. That's two dogs in less than a week. Sort of reminds me of my station in life. Heeheehee. : )

I still haven't heard who got hired for the job. I'm hoping that I did, but I'm wondering if Mr. Boyd isn't going to hire someone with actual paid expirence somewhere. Who knows. All I know is that I hope I got it! I'd hate to think that I can't get hired for an entry level position because I don't have any expirence. It's the age old vicious cycle...can't get hired without expirence, can get expirence without being hired. Oy! At least this time I know I'm qualified and good at what I do. After that, it's up to God.

It's memorial day weekend, and I don't have any plans. : ( I'm so boring! I offered to work for a friend of mine, so I'm here at the call center today (Saturday) and there is a chance that the elusive red-haired Scary Spice (or Sara) will come over and visit with Steve and I this evening, but so far that's it.

I was waxing nostalgic this morning, and I starting thinking of when I was a senior in high school and was first introduced to the internet. My first e-mail adress was Kmarti@elimestone.k12.al.us.edu or something equally as excessive. I could only get e-mail from the people in the other room of the school and my dear friend Kenny, who was at Auburn at the time. I also learned, and was pretty good at, coding html and building websites. I don't remember any of that anymore, but who needs it when I've got a program with a GUI that will code it all for me! I used to print out websites and show people instead of sending them the url. Ahhhh. Good times, noodle salad.

Oh yeah, another piece of proof that Soccermoms are out to get me! Within walking distance of my home is an absolutely gorgeous piece of property known as Jones Valley. I believe it used to be a dairy farm or a farm that raised cows for beef...either way cows are involved. Anyways, it's a beautiful deep valley filled with cows and grass and the farm house still stands in the middle looking like something Martha Stewart would live in to seve out her final days of house arrest. About a year and some change ago, I noticed that there was a large patch of the field, closest to the subdivisions built nearby, that was mown down and fenced off from the rest. What sprouted from that piece of property, you might ask? A flippin' soccer field!!!!!! Like a blob of bird poo on Michelangelo's Pieta, is a big ugly field ringed with safety lights. But that's not all, oh no, because next to that they expanded and built a softball or T ball field and a parking lot. You can argue that it's at least nice looking field with the press box or whatever built in the baffling "Southern Greek" style, but I don't care how many pediments and columns adorn the thing, it's still ugly. However, the simple fact that they ruined one of the most beautiful places around isn't what bothers me. I mean, hey, kids gotta have a place to play. I can dig that. What I cannot dig, though, is the fact that with the new sports fields down the street, it has lowered our property values so much that we couldn't refinance our house the last time we tried. The stupid fields aren't even within sight of where we live, but it still effects us. Just another way they are trying to get to me! Yeah, it's kind of a lame conspiracy theory, but it's the only one I have. Don't judge me!!! ; )

1 comment:

Tae said...

Well, what I actually mean is BITE ME STEVE.