Monday, May 09, 2005

Well, I had a lovely weekend!

Friday was, of course, the wedding reception. You can read all about that down below. What I didn't mention about that night was that Steve and I went to see The Hithchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Since I had never managed to read the books, I wasn't at all disappointed. In fact, I really enjoyed the movie as well as had a few mysteries cleared up for me. I now understand "Goodbye and thanks for all the fish", "42" and the whole babelfish thing. All in all, I liked it. I laughed pretty loud in a couple of places though. I hope I didn't disturb the HGG geek-nerds who were in there with us. I haven't seen such devotion since the Star Wars prequals started.

Saturday I had to work, but it wasn't too bad. I was training a new agent, Reina, who is very cool. We have a lot in common, so we talked for quite a while in between calls. After that I got to have lunch with my-favorite-Kenny-in-the-world and his mom, Bonita, who is a very hip lady. I don't know about them, but I had a ball. We ate at Cracker Barrel and goofed around and took photos. I wish we had more time, but they had family stuff to do. : ( Later that evening, Steve and I went to his parent's house and had a cookout and watched The Incredibles. We went ahead and gave Rhonda her Mother's Day gift, which was a canvas bag with pictures of Butler and Bear ironed on it and the words "Ask me about my Grand-Dogs!" She loved it.

Sunday we went to church and went to my parent's house for lunch. We gave mom her gift, two little blue and white china birds and a china snail. She thought they were cute. We also tried shooting the kids BB guns, and it turns out that I'm still not a good shot. However, my sister shot my dad by accident, so at least I can say I didn't shoot anyone. Once we got home, I was feeling kind of sick because of my allergies (darn the pollen!) so I slept and laid about while Steve went to church. I am a heathen, I guess. I met back up with him after church and had dinner with everyone. I was still sick, so I kind of wish I hadn't, but it was good to see everyone. After that I watched the first half of the Elvis mini-series and went to bed. It was an all around good time. What did you do?

No comments: