Friday, May 20, 2005

Someome call OSHA!

I was sitting here at my cubie, on a call with a customer, minding my own business, when I start hearing this *thumpthumpthump* sound coming from the my moniter. All I could see when I looked up was movement. Of course, the first thing I thought was ROACH!!!!!!!!!! So I yell and launch myself across the aisle as far from the computer as possible. On second look, I noticed that the movement was not a roach, but a leak which was rather liberally pouring onto my moniter. I was still on the phone with the customer, whom I had to apologize to for yelling in her ear, so I transferred the call to another agent and we had to move my tea mug under the leak. That wasn't good enough, so we had to balance a garbage can onto the top of my cubical to catch the water. After a while, the rain stopped, so the leak went away. About two hours later, the rain starts up again and the leak comes back with a vengence, this time it's coming out of two places. I had to move the garbage can in a weird way, and it's precariously perched on the edge, to catch both drips. This also wasn't good enough, so I went into the storage area, found an old punch bowl and filled it with paper towels, and sat it on top of the garbage can. I'm just waiting for that to fall on me and soak me down with dirty, brown roof water. : P

Sigh.

No comments: