Thursday, May 19, 2005

So, I'm going on about 2 1/2 hours of sleep today, and I can feel it all over. I'm WAY too old to stay out late anymore. : (

So, about the movie.
Well, we had to get there an hour and a half early. The theater went from selling one theater out to selling 8 theaters out, so the line wrapped around the building. Luckily, Steve purchased our tickets on Fandango, so we got to go to a special window with no line. However, that left us with a long time to wait before the movie got started. I spent that time constructively by taking pictures of the lunatics that were dressed up. Some people had really elaborate costumes and some had those cheesy ones like we used to get for halloween as kids, you know, the mask and the plastic parka like thing that says the name of the character. I saw a legion of Darth Vaders, some Jedi, several Palpatines and two pregnant Padmes. I even saw a Hobbit, I swear. My favorite costume, though, was the dude (keep this in mind) that was wearing a white bathrobe and what looked like some kind of headband that covered the tops of his ears with something. At first I thought he had done the ultimate Star Wars faux pas and came dressed as Spock from the 4th Star Trek movie, but it wasn't until Steve walked over that he noticed the dude had actual Honey Buns (still in the packages) somehow attached to his head. The guy was dressed as Leia. I almost wet myself.
The movie itself was actually pretty good. At first there was almost too much to see, but it evened out as the movie went on. Hayden Christiansen was extremely hot, and of course Natalie Portman was beautiful. I think my favorite characters were Obi Wan and Yoda. I've also got a new appreciation for sword fighting. The movie did finally answer some questions for me, but Steve still had a lot left unanswered. There was some cheesy lines delivered, and I swear it took him all of 7 minutes to become evil, but otherwise the movie was great. I could have done without the scene where Anikan (however that's spelled) got dessicated and burned, but hey. You gotta take the bad with the good, I guess.
I'm so freakin, flipin tired. I tried to send some pictures from the movie out, but my computer didn't want to work. So I didn't get to sleep until 3:30 this morning, and then the alarm clock woke me up at 5:30 and every 7 minutes after. Steve must've also been tired because instead of hitting the snooze button on the alarm clock, he kept reaching over and punching buttons on the remote control. At least he didn't pick up the alarm clock and point it at the tv like last time. : )

No comments: